In certain circumstances, Pennsylvania or New Jersey grandparents and stepparents can obtain child custody or visitation rights. However, you must demonstrate to the court’s satisfaction that the proposed arrangement is in the “best interest of the child” and it must not interfere with any rights the parents retain. To succeed, an experienced and knowledgeable attorney is essential.

Karen Ann Ulmer, P.C., is a family law firm that represents clients in custody and visitation matters. We help our clients achieve solutions that enable them to enjoy rich and meaningful relationships with their grandchildren and stepchildren.

Call 215-752-6200 or send us an email to arrange for a general & confidential consultation with a lawyer.

Has your child divorced, passed away, or separated six months ago and left you estranged from your grandchild? Under Pennsylvania or New Jersey law, you may be able to obtain visitation rights with your grandchild. The court decides grandparent visitation cases based on the facts of the case. A previous relationship with the child is a factor in your favor, as is the perceived need of the child for grandparents’ involvement. Karen Ann Ulmer, P.C., will work to develop a persuasive case designed to achieve your goals.

Our firm has handled a number of cases involving grandparent custody rights. These cases often involve a parent who is incarcerated, deceased, or otherwise uninvolved.

Karen Ann Ulmer, P.C. will represent you with energy, skill and compassion, with the aim of achieving your goal.

The law regarding the rights of stepparents is applied in a similar manner as a grandparent case. The key to success in grandparent and stepparent custody/visitation cases is persuasive arguments and a demonstration that the proposed action is in the best interest of the child.

When we take your case, our goal will be to help you to obtain the legal right to enjoy a meaningful relationship with your grandchild or stepchild.

Learn more by contacting our office by calling 215-752-6200, book online now, or contact us by email. We can meet you in our office or speak with you by phone.