Unmarried parents have the same rights and responsibilities as their married counterparts. However, unmarried parents can face obstacles that prevent them from establishing their parental rights. At Karen Ann Ulmer, P.C., in Bucks County, our lawyers are committed to helping clients clear those obstacles so that they can have fulfilling relationships with their children.

If you have a child and are not married, your rights are the same as a married parent, however, you may have to prove those rights. If your name is not on the birth certificate, you will need to file a paternity action to establish your custodial rights. Our attorneys assist fathers who bring paternity actions in order to establish custodial rights, and mothers who bring paternity actions in order to seek child support.

After paternity has been established, our attorneys can help you create a child custody agreement that will meet the best interests of the child. We can also assist with matters such as child support, parenting plans, name changes and child custody modification.

Paternity and custody are often emotionally difficult issues. We are committed to helping you navigate them effectively and efficiently in order to minimize conflict as much as possible. Our attorneys will take steps to help you achieve your goals and do what is in the best interest of the child.

Learn more by contacting our office by calling 215-752-6200, book online now, or contact us by email. We can meet you in our office or speak with you by phone.